- ME Association: Breaking News: NICE decides to Fully Update its guideline on ME/CFS!
- Action for M.E.: NICE guidelines on CFS/M.E. to be reviewed
- ME Research UK: NICE CFS/ME guideline to be updated
- NICE announcement
- NICE Guideline: Clinical guideline [CG53]
- The Times: Mutiny by ME sufferers forces a climbdown on exercise treatment | 25 September 2017
The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) announced on 20th September 2017 that it is planning a full update of its guideline on the diagnosis and management of CFS/ME.
Walking & Co-ordination Problems are explained by ME Research UK (MERUK)
MERUK state “these aspects of everyday living are rarely discussed in the modern literature but may well have clinical or diagnostic value and should not be ignored by medicine today”.
ME/CFS is more than simple fatigue
The real experience of ‘fatigue’ is explained by ME Research UK (MERUK). MERUK state the “report is an important contribution to the literature on this illness and should be widely read by nurses and clinicians - as well as patients’ families and friends!”