• Marina Townend, Specialist Occupational Therapist Team Lead ME/CFS Service (5 days/week).
• Sara Young (Occupational Therapist) Long Covid Clinical Lead. (4 days/week).
• Helen Ayres (Psychologist) ME/CFS & Long Covid teams (3 days / week)
• Ceri Howell, (Therapy Assistant) ME/CFS & Long Covid teams (5 days / week).
• Mya Krishnan, (Clinical Psychologist), ME/CFS teams (2 days/week).
• Nikki Mills, (Physiotherapist), Long Covid team (1.5 days/week)
• Carrie Garrett, (Speech & Language Therapist, Long Covid team (1 session/month).
Information from the Herefordshire & Worcestershire Health & Care NHS Trust website, includes - Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/ Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS) :-
The main aspect of our treatment is our Lifestyle Management group programme, held over 9 sessions. It offers patients the opportunity to learn more about the ways in which they can manage their condition, with the aim of improving functional independence and quality of life.
The Recovery and Management (RaM) group is run on a bimonthly basis. It is open to anybody who has previously received treatment from our service and has now been discharged. The group aims to provide individuals with a feeling of connection, and an avenue to access support for their ME/CFS, without having to be re-referred to the service.
It was a brainstorming meeting about how we wanted the RaM group and meetings to proceed. Marina is keen to keep it going. We all said how much we appreciate it and there was a lot of positive input as to how it could move forward.
Possibly alternate face to face/zoom meetings, some speakers, some swapping info and ideas and learning from one another, etc. Plus also, maybe an online forum of some kind.
One suggestion was having some kind of "working" group" to progress these ideas and volunteers have been requested, so we'll see how that goes.
Our Group’s blogs of 15 April, 9 March, and 7 January give information received from Marina Townend, Specialist Occupational Therapist/ Team Lead, of the Worcestershire & Herefordshire ME/ Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Post-Covid Syndrome services. Marina has been updating us on the situation at the Herefordshire and Worcestershire NHS ME/CFS Local Services, and responding to our queries.
• Hereford • Local News • N.H.S.
• Worcestershire • Worcestershire M.E. Social Group